Open Sound System for NetBSD
This page shows the progress of the porting of OSSv4 to NetBSD.
The current version is v4.2 (hg-889)
- DMA: ported (not complete)
- PCI config access: complete
- PCI mapping: ported to bus_space
- INB/OUTB: incomplete (should use bus_space(9))
- module support: WIP
- Locking: ported to mutex(9)
- MALLOC: ported to kmem(9)
- getid: ported to kauth(9)
- pkg: incomplete
- compat_audio: not yet
Loading osscore.kmod works. Loading virtal drivers work.
No functional testing has been done yet.
Who is working on it?
Where to get it?
You will need devel/mercurial and lang/gawk and devel/gmake to build it.
Browse online: http://bitbucket.org/ahoka/oss4-netbsd/
To get it:
hg clone http://bitbucket.org/ahoka/oss4-netbsd
How to build it?
I use this to build modules:
rm -rf /tmp/ossbuild mkdir /tmp/ossbuild cd /tmp/ossbuild /home/ahoka/mercurial.opensound.com/configure gmake build cd prototype/usr/lib/oss/build/ sh install.sh