* figure out why anti-aliased font rendering with [[XAA]] in [[Xorg]] 1.6 is ridiculously slow compared to 1.4<br>
Actually there is some progress. The miGlyphs() function uses a scratch pixmap to render characters into which it then renders into the target pixmap. Since off-screen pixmaps in XAA are currently broken and the Xorg people refuse to fix it the scratch pixmap will be in RAM with all XAA drivers resulting in software rendering ( not that XAA knows how to accelerate vram-to-vram composite ops anyway ). I got around that by implementing a private Glyphs() method for the [[crime]] driver which gives a nice speedup but still gets us nowhere near the performance we had with Xorg 1.4. A private Glyphs() implementation for XAA which avoids the scratch pixmap resulted in a small but measurable speedup with the [[sunffb]] driver.
* unbork [[wscons]] on [[sparc]] in the 5.0 branch
* write a [[wsdisplay]] driver for the Permedia2 graphics controller used on Sun's [[PGX32]] graphics board<br>
I have the docs and the hardware, only need some spare time
Done, the [[pm2fb]] driver supports it.
* add acceleration to Xorg's [[sunleo]] driver<br>
I have some docs and hardware but the docs are incomplete - the way WIDs are encoded is missing and I can't find one that by default gives us a 24bit RGB or BGR display.
* make [[radeonfb]] work right on [[i386]]<br>
It works but for some reason X is crashing. This works fine on [[sparc64]] and [[macppc]], it also works with [[i386]] and [[vga]], no idea what's wrong here.
* implement mode setting for [[voodoofb]], [[voyagerfb]], [[r128fb]], [[chipsfb]] etc.
* figure out how to do composite ops on [Fujitsu](http://www.fujitsu.com)'s [[AG-10e]] graphics board
* write an Xorg driver for [IGS](http://www.tvia.com) [[CyberPro]] graphics chips used in [[shark]], [[netwinder]] and other machines<br>
I have the docs, but we will want to use kernel mode setting so maybe I should wait for the relevant GSoC project to get committed.
Done, [[igsfb]] now understands Sun-like mode specifiers in output-device and [[xf86-video-igs]] has been added.
* figure out how to use the [[SX]] rendering engine on Sun [[SparcStation 20]] mainboards<br>
I have a disassembler dump of Sun's own DDX, it shouldn't be all that difficult to do basic blitter operations. The [[SX]] itself could probably accelerate composite ops as well but there's no chance to do that without actual documentation.
CVSweb for NetBSD wikisrc <wikimaster@NetBSD.org> software: FreeBSD-CVSweb