<!-- we are supposed to use all lowercase letters in the link, so set a proper title for the page: -->
[[!meta title="EuroBSDCon 2022 NetBSD Summit"]]
We will try to organise a NetBSD (and pkgsrc) summit at the EuroBSDCon 2022 in Vienna. After a longer break and remote event, this will be an in-person event. The EuroBSDCon take place from September 15-18, 2022 in Vienna.
Additional details about the conference could be found at the official website: <https://2022.eurobsdcon.org/>
We met on the day 2 of Tutorials (16 September 2022) in the room reserved for Track 2 (room 2B).
The stream was performed and announced by [@BSDTV](https://twitter.com/BSDTV "BSDTV (@BSDTV) / Twitter") on Twitter at <https://twitter.com/BSDTV/status/1570760994888249345>.
### NetBSD Dinner
Table reserved at ra’mien, Gumpendorferstr. 9, 1060 Wien on Friday, September 16, at 19h.
## Planning to attend?
Please add yourself to the table so it helps everybody for planing the event.
First Last | `login@` | join dinner? | comment(s)
Benny | `bsiegert@` | yes | n/a
Jörg | `joerg@` | yes | …
Pierre | `khorben@` | yes | …
Maya | `maya@` | yes | -
Nia | `nia@` | vegan options? definitely | -
Taylor | `riastradh@` | yes | -
Stephen | `sborrill@` | yes | -
Thomas | `wiz@` | yes | …
Adrian | `ast@` | yes | …
## Planning to present something?
`bsiegert@` | _Go is in trouble_ - on recent changes about the Go platorm policy and persistent, hard-to-diagnose bugs in NetBSD and/or the Go platform support
`khorben@` |_BSD Driver Harmony_ - on an initiative to bring the (major) BSD projects closer in terms of driver development and maintenance [[Slides (PDF)](https://www.netbsd.org/gallery/presentations/khorben/khorben/devsummit2022-09/BSD Drivers.pdf "BSD Drivers.pdf")]
`nia@` |_NetBSD 10: 3 Years in the Making_ - attempt to explore notable new features, how the sausage is made in releng, instability during the process, and community disputes, compromises (plus, you know the good parts)
### Debugging suspend/resume or graphics failures
* `drvctl -R`, `drvctl -S` for specific drivers or buses
* Improving crash dumps (same kernel issue, performance/zero pages issue)
* Setting up watchdogs at boot? (hardware, software)
### Blockers for NetBSD 10
* Extended attributes (EA) for FFS (related to the superblock)
* Update tool for EA will be relevant for 10
* Patch from Chuck Silvers (where?)
### Other issues with -current
* Crashy X applications, and weird trackpad on pinebook (to diagnose, should test with wsmoused)
### Ideas for NetBSD 11
* USB audio 2 (see wiki page for converting USB drivers to wireless, <https://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/converting_usb_drivers_to_usbwifi__40__9__41__/>)
* Converting wireless drivers (see <https://wiki.netbsd.org/Converting_drivers_to_the_new_wifi_stack/>)
* Would be great to do `athn(4)`
* Some hardware is hard to find, like `wi(4)`
* Better clock mechanism (related to Go’s performance issues)
1. PGP Key signing or is that going out of style? - [ast@](https://marabu.ch/pgp/)
CVSweb for NetBSD wikisrc <wikimaster@NetBSD.org> software: FreeBSD-CVSweb