title="ZFS root support (bootloader and mount_root)"
This project consists of two parts: getting the bootloader code ("libsa") to
read ZFS filesystems, and enabling mounting ZFS as a root filesystem.
For ZFS bootloader support, fortunately code already exists in the FreeBSD
variant of libsa, so it's a matter of adapting it.
* Setup test environment for testing bootloader changes, experiment with debug printing in libsa
* Identify & import ZFS libsa code in FreeBSD
* Read a kernel from a ZFS filesystem, while booting into a non-ZFS root.
ZFS as root filesystem:
* Understanding what root mount functions must do
* Write one for ZFS on NetBSD
* Pass a parameter for which ZFS snapshot to boot to, using the bootloader.
CVSweb for NetBSD wikisrc <wikimaster@NetBSD.org> software: FreeBSD-CVSweb