The ZFS port to NetBSD is half-done, or maybe more than half. Finish
it and get it really running.
Now, [OpenZFS](http://open-zfs.org/wiki/Main_Page) is the main location of ZFS in the Free Software community, and supports FreeBSD, Illumos, Linux and Mac. Probably the right approach is to get the most recent OpenZFS working with NetBSD. This could either be via pkgsrc or via importing and reachover makefiles. The hard part is probably in the ZFS/NetBSD kernel interface bits.
#Current state of ZFS (as of 8.99.37):
* Creating and destroying pools or datasets works.
* Snapshots work, the control directory .zfs is implemented.
* ATF tests succeed
* Putting a mounted ZFS dataset under heavy load is quite stable.
* NFS export works
##Not yet working:
* ZVOLs may be created and destroyed, the actual device nodes are missing. (ZVOLs are block devices backed from ZFS pools.)
* [[!template id=man name="ztest" section="1"]] doesn't work
CVSweb for NetBSD wikisrc <wikimaster@NetBSD.org> software: FreeBSD-CVSweb