title="Unify standard installation tasks"
Instead of including install scripts from the infrastructure into every binary package, just include the necessary information and split the scripts off into a separate package that is installed first (right after bootstrap, as soon as the first package needs it). This affects user creation, installation of tex packages, ...
* identify example packages installing users, groups, and documentation
* demonstrate pkgsrc packages which add users, etc
* Also add support for actions that happen once after a big upgrade session, instead of once per package (e.g. ls-lR rebuild for tex).
* convert some existing packages to use this new framework
* allow options framework to configure these resources per-package
An intermediate step would be to replace various remaining INSTALL scripts by declarative statements and install script snippets using them.
CVSweb for NetBSD wikisrc <wikimaster@NetBSD.org> software: FreeBSD-CVSweb