title="Kernel Address SANitizer"
done_by="Maxime Villard and Siddharth Muralee"
Port LLVM and/or GCC kernel ASan pieces to the NetBSD/amd64 kernel.
Integrate the support with the toolchain inside src/.
Add support for a new kernel option (and perhaps configuration) KASAN.
The toolchain support on the LLVM side is done. GCC should work too.
* Build manually the NetBSD kernel against KASan.
* Ensure that we don't violate the license - either ask for relicense or reimplement the needed code. There are around 2k LOC. This code should be relicensed.
* Integrate KASan with the kernel configuration.
* Execute the kernel, attempt to boot to shell.
* Run ATF tests against the kernel.
* Report bugs.
CVSweb for NetBSD wikisrc <wikimaster@NetBSD.org> software: FreeBSD-CVSweb