[NetBSD Developer Wiki]
- view: text
- select for diffs
Wed Nov 9 21:14:02 2011 UTC
(3 years, 3 months ago) by jmmv
CVS tags: HEAD
Add the ability to mark projects as "done" by setting the "done_by" template
attribute to the name of the person that completed them.
Marking a project as done excludes it from all the indexes except from the
new "Completed projects" index. This is intended to showcase that the
project proposals in this site are actually useful and sometimes get done.
While doing this, reinstantiate the gio and npf proposals I had removed
earlier on to populate the completed projects index.
[[!meta title="Project proposals for NetBSD"]]
Welcome to the NetBSD projects central!
This page contains a non-exhaustive list of project proposals that either
immediately benefit NetBSD or are of general interest to NetBSD and the
Open Source Community. Most of the projects listed here have at least one
NetBSD developer who has expressed interest and would be willing to
assist/oversee the implementation to a certain degree.
If you are interested in working on any of these projects, please contact
the mailing list referenced next to each item, and possibly answer as many
questions from our [[application]] as possible. The interested developers
will be glad to respond to you there.
Some of the projects have timing estimates. Times are estimated
conservatively, for a single person working full time on the project. An
experienced developer, with knowledge of the changed subsystem/area of
code, will probably be able to complete the project in half or less of the
estimated time. As with all estimates, they might be wrong though -- in
both directions. Other projects include more research or have no hard
target for other reasons. For these projects no estimate is given.
# General indexes
* [[All projects, one per page|/projects/all]]. Broken down by category and difficulty.
* [[All projects, one page|/projects/all-flat]]. Includes an Atom/RSS feed providing notifications of changes to any project.
* [[Funded projects|/projects/funded]]. These projects have been pre-approved for monetary funding.
* [[Brainstorming of project proposals|/projects/ideas]]. Be aware that the projects in this page are not well-defined. They are just additional ideas that you may want to consider.
* [[Completed projects|/projects/done]]. The archive of completed projects, for reference purposes only. You may not send applications for these.
# Program-specific indexes
* [[Google Summer of Code|gsoc]]
* [[Google Code-In|code-in]] (contains some ideas)
CVSweb for NetBSD wikisrc <wikimaster@NetBSD.org> software: FreeBSD-CVSweb