[NetBSD Developer Wiki]
- view: text
- select for diffs
Tue Jun 21 09:32:43 2016 UTC
(5 years, 11 months ago) by leot
CVS tags: HEAD
Bump future_rel and changes_future to 8.0 and changes_cur to 7.0.
The user-visible change is that instead of having `NetBSD/<port> 6.0 changes'
and `NetBSD/<port> 7.0 changes' there will be respectively
`NetBSD/<port> 7.0 changes' and `NetBSD/<port> 8.0 changes'.
NetBSD/hpcmips brings the NetBSD operating system to MIPS based Windows CE PDA
machines. Currently, the VR4102, VR4111, VR4121, VR4122, VR4131, TX3912, and
TX3922 processors are supported.
The port name "hpcmips" comes from the name for some of the hardware that
NetBSD/hpcmips runs on: MIPS based systems in Microsoft's H/PC (Handheld PC)
form factor. A H/PC machine contains a keyboard and a touch screen and generally
has 8MB or more of RAM. The port supports the HPC form factor, as well as the
H/PC Pro and PsPC (Palmsized PC) form factors. (Many PsPC machines are used by
the developers for active development.)
Because of the hardware platforms it supports, NetBSD/hpcmips is an ideal
platform to use for mobile computing applications. And, of course,
NetBSD/hpcmips supports all of the standard features you expect from NetBSD,
such as IPv6 and IPsec.
## Supported System Models
Many kinds of H/PC, H/PC Pro, and PsPC systems are supported by NetBSD/hpcmips.
View the [[supported machines table|supported_machines]] to see if your system
## Supported Processors
VR4102, VR4111, VR4121, VR4131, TX3912, and TX3922 processors are supported by
NetBSD/hpcmips. View the processor comparison table to see if your processor is
* [[Processor Comparison|processor_comparison]]
* [[Supported Machines|supported_machines]]
## Keyboard map search method for unknown machines
* Boot in single user mode.
* Press keys and note the KeyScanCode's.
* Fill vr/vrkiu.c default_keytrans with scancode, dev/pckbc/wskbdmap_mfii.c:pckbd_keydesc_us is KeyCodeMapping.
* Send feedback with your results using [send-pr(1)](http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi/man?send-pr+1) (port-hpcmips category).
* [Keymap information](keymap.txt) is here</a>.
- [Kei's Linux-VR Home Page (in Japanese)](http://pc1.peanuts.gr.jp/~kei/linux-vr.htm)
- [Linux-VR Resources](http://pc1.peanuts.gr.jp/~kei/linux-vr.htm)
- [[How-To Use|howto-use]]
- [[How-To Develop|howto-develop]]
- [[Binary Compatibility|compat-pmax]]
- [[IPv6 and IPsec|pocketv6]]
- [NetBSD/hpcmips mailing list (Japanese language)](http://www.jp.NetBSD.org/ja/JP/ml.html#port-hpcmips-ja)
CVSweb for NetBSD wikisrc <wikimaster@NetBSD.org> software: FreeBSD-CVSweb