[[!meta title="NetBSD/evbarm on Raspberry Pi"]]
This page attempts to document and coordinate efforts towards NetBSD/evbarm on [Raspberry Pi](http://www.raspberrypi.org).
(Raspberry Pi [image](http://www.flickr.com/photos/42325803@N07/8118758647/) by Christopher Lee used under CC-By-2.0 license)
- You may use the rpi.img file created by an arm build.
- An example can be found in the '/evbarm/binary/gzimg/' directory under releng.netbsd.org
# Updating the firmware
- [rpi firmware files](https://github.com/raspberrypi/firmware/tree/master/boot)
- Copy all files except 'kernel*img' into /boot and reboot
# What works
- multi-user boot with root on SD card
- serial or graphics console (with EDID query / parsing)
- X windows.
- USB (host); control, interrupt and bulk transfers. Has some stability issues that are being worked on. man page missing.
- USB Ethernet
- RNG: works
- I²C: works, could use enhancements, man page
- SPI: works, could use enhancements, man page
# What needs work
- VCHIQ; work in progress - will provide audio.
- USB (host); isochronous transfers. DMA support.
- DMA controller driver / dmover(9) backend
- Teach sdhc(4) about dmover; not Raspberry Pi specific
- hardfloat; not Raspberry Pi specific
- earm ABI; not Raspberry Pi specific
CVSweb for NetBSD wikisrc <wikimaster@NetBSD.org> software: FreeBSD-CVSweb