# Open Sound System for NetBSD
This page shows the progress of the porting of OSSv4 to NetBSD.
It's not known if anyone is continuing to work on a native port of OSSv4, but this page is kept for archival purposes.
NetBSD 10 should have greater compatibility with OSSv4 via the userspace translation layer [ossaudio(3)](///man.netbsd.org/ossaudio.3), and the native audio system [audio(4)](man.netbsd.org/audio.4) is still preferred.
The current version is v4.2 (hg-889)
* DMA: ported (not complete)
* PCI config access: complete
* PCI mapping: ported to bus_space
* INB/OUTB: incomplete (should use [[!template id=man name="bus_space" section="9"]])
* module support: WIP
* Locking: ported to [[!template id=man name="mutex" section="9"]]
* MALLOC: ported to [[!template id=man name="kmem" section="9"]]
* getid: ported to [[!template id=man name="kauth" section="9"]]
* pkg: incomplete
* compat_audio: not yet
### What works?
Loading osscore.kmod works.
Loading virtal drivers work.
No functional testing has been done yet.
### Who is working on it?
### Where to get it?
You will need devel/mercurial and lang/gawk and devel/gmake to build it.
Browse online: <http://bitbucket.org/ahoka/oss4-netbsd/>
To get it:
hg clone http://bitbucket.org/ahoka/oss4-netbsd
### How to build it?
I use this to build modules:
rm -rf /tmp/ossbuild
CVSweb for NetBSD wikisrc <wikimaster@NetBSD.org> software: FreeBSD-CVSweb