# NetBSD at GitHub
[NetBSD developers](//www.NetBSD.org/people/developers.html) maintain GitHub presence at <https://GitHub.com/NetBSD>:
### GitHub NetBSD org membership
Anyone with a `NetBSD.org` account is eligible for an invitation to our organisation on GitHub;
email your NetBSD.org and GitHub.com login names to `cnst@` and/or `joerg@`.
Once an invitation is furnished by GitHub, it must be accepted by the recipient.
In order to publicly show your affiliation with the NetBSD organisation on GitHub, you
must also toggle the *organisation visibility* setting from *Private* to *Public*
(this membership setting affects public visibility both on your own public profile page
as well as within the public <https://GitHub.com/orgs/NetBSD/people> page;
the default is *Private*, and it cannot be toggled to *Public* by the owners of the org).
### Official repositories on GitHub
The `src`, `xsrc` and `pkgsrc` repositories, each as a read-only copy,
have been available under `github.com/NetBSD` since 2017-06:
* [2017-06: New home for the repository conversion](//mail-index.NetBSD.org/tech-repository/2017/06/10/msg000637.html)
CVSweb |Fossil |GitHub
[[!nbcvsweb src]] |<https://src.fossil.NetBSD.org/> |<https://github.com/NetBSD/src>
[[!nbcvsweb pkgsrc]] |<https://pkgsrc.fossil.NetBSD.org/> |<https://github.com/NetBSD/pkgsrc>
[[!nbcvsweb xsrc]] |<https://xsrc.fossil.NetBSD.org/> |<https://github.com/NetBSD/xsrc>
### History and Technical Details
Prior to 2017-06, an earlier generation of the export has been available
under `github.com/jsonn` since [2011-07](//mail-index.NetBSD.org/tech-repository/2011/07/28/msg000387.html),
which has been deprecated and discontinued in 2017-07 with the move to @NetBSD.
The export is maintained by `joerg@` and performed through an intermediate step of
converting the repositories from CVS into Fossil with `cvs2fossil`,
which has been the process since 2011:
* [2011-10: EuroBSDcon: Fossilizing NetBSD: The road to modern version control](https://2011.eurobsdcon.org/papers/sonnenberger/fossilizing.pdf)
* [2010-10: fossil-scm.org: Design Note: Scaling Fossil Up (pkgsrc)](http://fossil-scm.org/home/technote/be8f2f3447ef2ea3344f8058b6733aa08c08336f)
The core team has provided a statement on version control systems in 2015:
* [2015-01: Core statement on version control systems](//mail-index.NetBSD.org/tech-repository/2015/01/04/msg000497.html)
The pkgsrc repository has adopted a GitHub-friendly commit message policy in 2017,
limiting the first line of the message to 65 characters:
* [2017-09: pkgsrc Commit Message Policy](//mail-index.NetBSD.org/pkgsrc-users/2017/09/12/msg025574.html)
Additionally, an independent export of the src tree from CVS directly into Git is performed by IIJ at <https://GitHub.com/IIJ-NetBSD/netbsd-src>.
## GitHub Forks
CVSweb for NetBSD wikisrc <wikimaster@NetBSD.org> software: FreeBSD-CVSweb