My own TODO file where I'm trying to keep old things which I would like to see to be done in NetBSD.
Short time goals
- Fix disk and pseudo-disk ioctl calls used to get informations about disk partitions
- dm device driver rump port [DONE]
- update lvm2tools to newer version [DONE]
- update zfs code to newer version
- Modular improvements
- Change way how vnodes are reclaimed to make our vfs much cleaner. [Work in progress]
- VN_RELE_ASYNC fix for NetBSD [Work in progress]
Mid time goals
- Port crash(8) to other architectures
- Write DRBD like device for NetBSD dm
- LVM remote replication support
- LVM mirror target (taken from raidframe) ?
- ZFS Snapshosts support
- Change ZFS taskq to NetBSD workqueue in a useable way for ZFS.
Long time goals
- Rewrite ddb to be more modular and to be useable as userspace binary, too.
- Port Sun Dtrace to NetBSD (Freebsd did that some time ago)
- Cluster LVM
- Snapshot LVM support