The Sandpoint is a reference platform designed by Motorola to help people develop hardware and software around various PowerPC processors. The basic system is an ATX form-factor motherboard with standard PC devices (IDE, floppy, serial, parallel), 4 PCI slots, and a mezzanine slot to which several different processor modules may be attached.
The main focus of this port is now on MPC824x based consumer NAS (Network Attached Storage) systems, while the original evaluation boards are still supported.
- NetBSD/sandpoint 6.1.3 via FTP
- NetBSD/sandpoint 6.1.3 INSTALL notes
- NetBSD/sandpoint 6.0 pre-build binary packages from pkgsrc
- NetBSD/sandpoint 6.0 changes
- NetBSD/sandpoint 7.0 changes
Supported System Models
- 6260 
- CH3WNAS 
- DSM-G600 (Rev.
- ENNHD-1000 
- AMS150 
- Classic KuroBox
- KuroBox HG 
- FNS-5000B 
- LCS-8311 
- NAS-01G 
- NS-349-S 
The Sandpoint evaluation board. Two processor modules have been tested:
- The "Unity" module with the MPC8240
- The "Altimus" with MPC7400 (G4) and MPC107
 Support is present, but this configuration was not tested, or not reported working yet. Please tell us on the NetBSD/sandpoint mailing list about your experience with untested models.