NetBSD/rs6000 is a port of NetBSD to the IBM RS/6000 class of MCA-based PowerPC machines. It's the first free Operating System to run on this class of machines.
For PReP-based IBM RS/6000 machines, please check NetBSD/prep. For OpenFirmware based RS/6000 machines, please see NetBSD/ofppc. If you don't know type of your RS/6000 model, please see Quick IBM/NetBSD model reference.
Tim Rightnour is the maintainer of NetBSD/rs6000.
- NetBSD/rs6000 6.0 via FTP
- NetBSD/rs6000 6.0 INSTALL notes
- NetBSD/rs6000 6.0 pre-build binary packages from pkgsrc
- NetBSD/rs6000 6.0 changes
- NetBSD/rs6000 7.0 changes
Supported System Models
Currently the following models are known to run NetBSD/rs6000:
- IBM 7006-41T
- IBM 7011-250
- implement bus_dma(9) for machine independent MCA device drivers
- test on more models