NetBSD/pmax is the port of NetBSD to Digital Equipment Corporation's MIPS based computers. NetBSD/pmax runs on wide range of DECstation and DECsystem family. NetBSD/pmax is the first port which can run on either MIPS R3000 processors or MIPS R4400 processors; single kernel can run common set of user programs.
Development activity on NetBSD/pmax continues at a speed depending of people's spare time. NetBSD/pmax developers are making efforts on extending hardware supports to models which NetBSD/pmax does not support this moment.
- NetBSD/pmax 6.1.4 via FTP
- NetBSD/pmax 6.1.4 INSTALL notes
- NetBSD/pmax 6.0 pre-build binary packages from pkgsrc
- NetBSD/pmax 6.0 changes
- NetBSD/pmax 7.0 changes
Supported System Models
- DECstation and DECsystem 2100 and 3100 systems
- DECsystem 5100 systems
- Personal DECstation 5000/20, /25, /33 and /50 systems
- DECstation and DECsystem 5000/120, /125, /133 and /150 systems
- DECstation and DECsystem 5000/200 systems
- DECstation and DECsystem 5000/240 and /260 systems
- DECsystem 5900 and 5900-260 systems