This page attempts to document running NetBSD/evbarm under the [QEMU] (http://wiki.qemu.org/Main_Page) open source processor emulator. This can be extremely useful for development and testing.
This is a placeholder until useful information gets added; once that is done, it should be linked to the port/evbarm page.
- general notes for what works and what doesn't go here.
- information on what is needed (QEMU versions known to work or not, pointers to how to install via pkgsrc or whatever)
- also information on which evbarm kernels are known to be able to boot under QEMU.
Booting and Installation
- maybe some information about how to actually boot a kernel, first
- how to get networking/etc working
- what kinds of userland are supported and how to get there.
Using QEMU to debug the kernel
- there is info elsewhere on the wiki about this; maybe adapt to ARM and link?