This page attempts to document and coordinate efforts towards NetBSD on BeagleBone.
(BeagleBone image by SparkFun Electronics used under CC-By-2.0 license)
What needs work
- EDMA3 (perhaps at first for sdhc(4) )
- USB (host)
- Framebuffer/graphics with LCD or DVI/HDMI capes
- Touchscreens on LCD capes
- USB (device)
- Growing the root file-system
- During the partitioning process, do not delete or format the first MSDOS (FAT) partition, as the Raspberry pi firmware is hard coded to boot on the SDCAD / 1st MSDOS partition / Firmware updates and boot loader.
- Reboot to single user, and at the prompt to enter the pathname of shell, press return for the default (/bin/sh).
At the # prompt, type
"disklabel -i ld0" and press return.
At the partition> prompt type "A" and press return.
Adjust disklabel sector from 4194304 to 62333952 [n]? Type "y" and press return.
partition> prompt type "a" and press return.
Filesystem type prompt, press return to use the current value (4.2BSD). Start offset prompt, press return to use the current value. Partition size prompt, type "$" and press return to grow the partition to use all available free space.
partition> prompt type "W" to save the changes to the disklabel.
Confirm this choice by typing "y" at the Label disk prompt. Type "Q" and press return to quit disklabel.
At the # prompt (shell), type
fsck -fy /dev/rld0a resize_ffs -y /dev/rld0a
This may take a few minutes, be patient!
fsck -fy /dev/rld0a mount_msdos /dev/ld0e /boot reboot
- When the system comes back up, the root file-system will have been expanded to fill the SD card.