On behalf of NetBSD's developers, I'm happy to announce the availability of the second release candidate of NetBSD 6.0.
Binaries of NetBSD 6.0_RC2 are available for download at:
ISO images and (for amd64 and i386) images suitable for installing from USB sticks or other hard drives, and torrent files for downloading via BitTorrent are also available, as well as Amazon EC2 machine images and .xva files for use with Citrix XenServer and Xen Cloud Platform.
Fixes since NetBSD 6.0_RC1
Adding a little more polish before the 6.0 release, RC2 fixes these additional issues:
- The vax port shared library issue is resolved, and vax is once again bootable
- ntpd(8) broadcast transmission is fixed
- i486 support is fixed in the i386 port.
- Interrupt issues on some PowerPC machines are fixed
- X.org display on a Xen amd64 DOM0 is now working again
- a pmap_growkernel() issue which causes some systems to reset very early in the boot process is fixed.
- CVE-2012-4244 was addressed by updating bind to 9.9.1-P3
- A few issues with FFS extended attributes were fixed
- a bug in NPF's icmp handling was fixed.
- A panic which could happen when an NFS rename failed has been fixed.
Please continue to report problems and to help us test!
As always, please help us out by testing these changes and reporting problems either to an appropriate mailing list, via send-pr, or via the web form:
Thanks again for your help in making NetBSD 6.0 the best release yet!